Friday, October 22, 2010

What Grace afforded me

Like being enveloped in fog, or trying to breath under water... trying to keep my wits about me is an extraordinary feat these days.

Scheduling, school, new job, subconscious... wherever, however you want to assign the blame, I lost track of time and my appointment with my psychiatrist and I have been off my medication for a month.

Life's little hiccups have become major obstacles.  My best friends are whispering about me behind my back.  I can't hold back the surge of tears at every touching commercial, every time I think of how fast Annelise has grown up.

But I've got this tiger by the tail... I'm holding tight.  I'm still answering the phone and keeping appointments and brushing my teeth.  I even managed to drag myself to Dr. Rahman and got back on my medication.

The gym, the shower, blink, make dinner, go to bed and start over.  I can do this.

I'm doing this.  We're doing this... my patient husband and me.  Our health insurance and us.

Lucky me.

Do you know the percentage of homeless people who suffer from a debilitating psychological affliction?

There but for the grace.... go I.

1 comment:

Keeping up with the Freitas' said...

I'm sorry to hear you have been going through a rough time and feel like I haven't been supportive enough. I'm glad you are back on your meds and continuing to keep your appointments and go to the things that I know make you smile - America Sings!