Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I hate election night

Yup.  I hate it.  I remember being so proud after voting in my first election.  I remember enjoying the whole process... the campaign, the self-education, the pomp and circumstance of presenting my i.d.

Then I met Tim.  And even those first 8 years or so, I still was proud to be a voting american... proud to be part of the process, even if my vote was in direct opposition with my soul mate's.

Now.  What an arduous process.  Ugh.  Do I really have to listen to one more incredibly juvenile ad on TV?  Do I have to suffer yet again through a night filled with phone calls and website updates?

It's not that Tim has beaten me down... I haven't succumbed to the dark side.  It's not that I am less passionate about certain issues... maybe I am even more passionate now.

It is simply the displeasure in going through the process alone.

I refuse to answer the phone if I recognize a Republican's (in-law, former college buddy) phone number.  I blog... unrelenting to cnn.com.

The thrill is gone, folks.  I don't feel the need to convert my husband anymore.  As much as his ideology can confound and infuriate me, frankly, my dear, I just don't give a damn.

So, there it is.  I hate election night.  I think I will go blog on Holcombgraydecor.blogspot.com  about something I do care about... like paper versus cloth napkins.

1 comment:

Keeping up with the Freitas' said...

I hated last night's election night for the main reason that I didn't know if my husband would be employed next year. Luckily it all turned out great for us but there will be a lot of hill staffers starting the ardous process of looking for jobs now. That said, I still love going to the voting booth to, usually, cancel out my husband's vote!