Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Looking forward to the Harvest

The days are still hot but there is a subtle change afoot.  The humidity has died down; the sky is a pure blue again; the vegetable vines are dying.  Autumn is upon us.

So many profound changes this year.  Annelise in her school uniform.  Teddy playing football.  And the launch of my own company, Holcomb Gray Decor.

If Spring is the season of rebirth, Autumn is the season of ripening, maturing, coming into one's own.

I feel this now.  The last week I have been preoccupied with obtaining a business license, creating a portfolio, launching a website, making a Facebook page.  I don't know if I have fully comprehended yet that my days will change (hopefully).  Will I have clients (two thus far)?  Will they write me testimonials?  Will my company make money?  Have I finally found a calling on which to embark?

As the children gather than tools and backpacks, I have my own gathering to do.   A laptop, a camera, perhaps an iPad... I just don't know yet what all I will need.

Night settles a little earlier these days.  When we wake, the air is a little cooler.  As sure as the leaves will turn their colors, my time will change as well.

Welcome to Autumn, to new leaves.

1 comment:

Keeping up with the Freitas' said...

I'm so glad you are moving ahead with your business! It's all so exciting!