Wednesday, March 10, 2010

After Date Night...

He is extraordinary.  He carries himself with dignity and grace.  A little over 6 foot 4 inches tall, he is a commanding presence, yet he is humble and it is reflected in his stature; he stands tall, but not proud.  His eyes are a murky hazel and his hair has long since receeded.  It is his voice, deep and resonant, that commands attention.

I met Tim under the most absurd of circumstances.  A friend of a friend was hosting a 4th of July party in an un-airconditioned apartment in the Dupont Circle neighborhood of D.C.  I had just relished my friends with my latest diatribe about dedicating myself to work and swearing off men, when we entered the sweltering party.  A swirl of vapid recent college graduate girls flocked around a group of balding, pudgy, elitest aging prepsters.  I hoofed it to the kitchen to stow away my beer.  He stood with his back to the only window.  He looked disconsolate.  I asked him if the party sucked as bad as it looked.  That was all it took.

Tim is a Republican... and a catholic.  I'm agnostic and lean towards the left.  I am proud to be southern.  Tim has no geographical identity.  I'm gregarious... Tim not so much.  I'm a disciplinarian... Tim is a soft touch.

He asked me to marry him on the steps of the Capitol on my grandparents 55 anniversary.

We have weathered fierce storms and enjoyed lifes' most tranquil moments.

He is my first thought in the morning and the last before I sleep.

I am in love with my husband.


I have never put to words my feelings about Tim... and after over a year of blogging I still feel inadequate in expressing what he means to me.  A savior?  A lover?  A confidante?  All of these?  I do not possess the words to express the worth of my husband...beyond all of my dreams and wishes, I have landed somehow where I always wanted to be... with Tim.

3 comments:

Red Headed Racer said...

god, that's awesome.

Keeping up with the Freitas' said...

AMAZING!! Now I'm crying, again! Tim and you are so lucky to have each other! And we are lucky to have you in our lives too!

nestor said...

I love this blog. You are a such a wonderful lady and Tim is very lucky to have you as you are lucky to have him.